Current Vacancies at Claremont First Step Community Centre
We have an exciting opportunity open to someone out there in the community!!!
We have a vacancy for a Community Centre Cook here at the Centre.
Are you an experienced cook?
Do you have experience of working in the catering industry?
Do you have an understanding of community and voluntary work?
We are looking for someone who can:
- To operate a community café within the Claremont Centre
- To cook and prepare meals and drinks for sale to the public
- To provide a facility which fits within the ethos of the centre
- To work alongside the Project Manager in creating the design and theme of the café
- To supervise volunteers and trainees
- To provide meals to club members within the Centre
- To cook meals for upwards of 50 guests for our luncheon clubs
This is going to be a 30 hour a week post, fixed term for 12 months with the option to extend subject to funding at £9.50 per hour.
Please find the job description, personal specification and application form below.
Start date: Monday 21st June 2021.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE EMAIL JOANNE SHEPHERD: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Centre opened in 2000 having received £356,750 from SRB round 2 to develop the 100 year old, Grade II listed Methodist Church Buildings.
The Claremont First Step Community Centre also received funding of £262,884 from The Tudor Trust and The Community Fund to develop the work of the project.
The Centre lies in the heart of Blackpool’s Claremont Ward
The Claremont Ward is an area of tremendous disadvantage, having been placed in position 200 out of the 8414 English Wards on the 2000 DTLR Deprivation Index. The Claremont area has high unemployment, large concentrations of low-income families, single parent households, multi-occupancy dwellings, poor health and education attainment, and elderly residents.
It is also a varied community which includes holiday accommodation and a large transient population.